The Uncovering Rome One Bite at a Time trip offers a taste of daily life
in Rome by leading visitors though real working class neighborhoods as
well as through the major sites of Rome. This travel plan intersperses
authentic Roman cuisine with history, culture, and local customs. Utrippers experience a bustling Roman fresh food market, a
family-owned trattoria, and a visit to one of Rome’s oldest gelaterias
to learn how to differentiate between real gelato and the fake stuff.
Along the way you will interact with the wonderful families that are
behind all of Rome’s most famous delicacies.
- Taste daily life in Rome with the Eating Italy Food Tours. Go with a small group on a 4-hour walking tour through working class neighborhoods to explore the food and culture of Rome.
- Fill up on delicious food at the best restaurants, markets, and shops, then venture over to historical landmarks such as The Colosseum, The Pantheon, and The Roman Forum.
- Eat lunch and dinner at local and authentic restaurants that come highly recommended from the people that know food in Rome.
- Enjoy the most delicious slice of pizza you have ever devoured and a cherry cheesecake at a 5th generation shop that would make a New Yorker feel at home.
- Savor gelato, gelato and more gelato–but only the real thing none of the fake stuff at Giolitti and Gelateria del Teatro.